Product Displays and more on 3rd and Lazelle, Motorcycle Demo Rides at I-90/Exit 30 Lot
Harley-Davidson riders and motorcycle enthusiasts will revel in one of America’s most unique and exciting cultural events at the 72nd Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota’s legendary Black Hills region.
Harley-Davidson has partnered with American Iron Magazine to host the Ride-In Custom Bike Show on 3rd and Lazelle streets Friday, August 10. Registration is 9 a.m. to noon with a $10 entry fee MDA donation. Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded at 4 p.m. in 11 classes with three Editors’ Pick winners to be featured in American Iron or Motorcycle Bagger magazines.
There will be a pin stop and merchandise sales for Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) members at the Harley-Davidson Lazelle Street location. There will also be a special event for H.O.G. members only at the Buffalo Chip, Wednesday, August 8 with an Eric Church concert, dinner and parking, More information is available at Members.HOG.com.
The Harley-Davidson Road Tour will run from Saturday, August 4 through Saturday, August 11 at the intersection of 3rd and Lazelle streets in downtown Sturgis. All Harley-Davidson activities in Sturgis are free of charge and include the following:
- 2012 Harley-Davidson motorcycles, H-D1 customization and MotorClothes® riding gear and apparel
- Harley-Davidson Custom Ride-In Show, Friday, August 10
- Harley-Davidson Insurance Parts Challenge, photo booth, Roof Top Deck and sweepstakes
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) pin sales and Custom Motorcycle Raffle
- Willie G. Commemorative Merchandise
- AMD World Championship ofCustomBikeBuilding, August 4-8
- Women’s Area including the JUMPSTART rider experience, bike lift and more
Harley-Davidson demo rides for 2012 motorcycles will be available in Sturgis at Hersrud’s Chevrolet Dealership near Interstate 90 at Exit 30 from Saturday, August 4 to Friday, August 11. Riders can enjoy as many bikes as they want, but must have a valid motorcycle license and adhere to riding gear requirements and safety rules. There will also be a 2012 Harley-Davidson motorcycle display at this location, including a Fit Shop display for motorcycle customization.
For a complete listing of Harley-Davidson events at the 2012 Sturgis Rally, visit Harley-Davidson.com/Sturgis